We the people, of the United States of America, do NOT REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH.
- We don’t want to know the truth about what the FDA allows in our “foods”.
- We don’t want to know that the chemicals inside our “foods” and our food packaging are literally killing us slowly.
- We don’t want to know that how we are educating our children is what’s causing our mediocrity in masse.
- We don’t want to know the truth about what’s being done in the name of “advanced medicine”.
- We don’t want to know the truth about what’s being done in the name of “progress”.
- We don’t want to know that our cool wireless earbuds are giving us brain cancer.
- We don’t want to know that our microwaves are baking radiation into our foods and homes.
- We don’t want to know that our daily food choices are making us fat, sick, exhausted, and miserable.
- We don’t want to know that how we are raising our children is causing epidemics of physical, emotional & social devastation.
- We don’t want to know where our tax money is going.
- We don’t want to know that we are destroying our own country from the inside out.
- We don’t want to know that WE are the reason we’re losing everything we “believe” in, stand for, and love so much.
And what is the reason that we are SO willing to turn a blind eye?
“Well, if everyone else is doing it, how bad can it be?”
“This is how my family has always done it!”
“The government and media can’t lie to us…it’s illegal!”
So, what’s killing us exactly? 2 things:
*Groupthink. Groupthink Mentality is the #2 reason that we are creating our own devastation. (If you’re not familiar with Groupthink, it’s the law of human nature to act dumber in groups.)
And what’s the #1 reason we’re blindly killing ourselves?
*Comfort. It’s allllllll in the name of comfort.
Let’s face it:
- It’s uncomfortable to do our own research. To take time to read the articles and search for the truth behind all the propaganda.
- It’s uncomfortable to take time to make clean, healthy foods.
- It’s uncomfortable to spend extra money on glass jars instead of plastic bottles. And they’re breakable and blah blah blah.
- It’s uncomfortable to exercise everyday.
- It’s uncomfortable to skip the pills and drugs when I’m not feeling well and search for the root of the problem instead of merely numbing the symptoms.
- It’s uncomfortable to find or create household cleaning supplies that aren’t poisoning the very family I say I would die for.
- It’s uncomfortable to learn how I can change my life by changing my diet.
- It’s uncomfortable to get off the couch, turn off the TV and become an amazing human from the inside out.
- It’s uncomfortable to take my precious weekend and give back to the world around me.
- It’s uncomfortable to meet my neighbors after living next to strangers for so long.
- It’s uncomfortable to fight to revolutionize education, and accepting the mainstream method is much more convenient.
- It’s uncomfortable to question the “professionals”.
- It’s uncomfortable to do the research on politicians before elections.
- It’s uncomfortable to show up to vote.
- It’s uncomfortable to get up early and be proactive with my life.
- It’s uncomfortable to do the hard inner work required to overcome generations of programming and conditioning that are not serving me.
- It’s uncomfortable to do the deep inner work to learn to rise above my own drama and really love myself, then everyone around me.
- It’s uncomfortable to invest the time, money, and energy to develop the skills to create a life I really love.
- It’s uncomfortable to retrain my taste buds to foods that are healing me instead of killing me.
- It’s uncomfortable to absorb the truth that I am really the master of my own destiny – I am not a victim of circumstance.
- It’s uncomfortable to swim upstream, go against the grain, and take a stand for what we want most in life.
So, do you REALLY want what you SAY you want? Or, do you want a mirage of it, while you remain hidden in your convenient “comfort zone”?
Becoming a champion in life doesn’t simply mean winning on the sport court. It means bringing your A-game to EVERY area of your life…even the uncomfortable ones.
You asked for Tough Love. ❤️
PS: As a tiny example…this pic is of a spinach-based smoothie poured into a glass container. Was I born loving spinach? No. Was I raised on veggies? No. Am I a tree-hugging hippy? No. Do I like spending extra money on a glass container? No.
But I work on myself DAILY to push beyond my comfort zone and my life-long socially conditioned patterns because I am VERY clear on a) what I want, and b) the cold, hard truth that following the crowd and my lazy mindset will NOT get me to my life goals. I do NOT have all the answers or a bullet-proof plan for everything. But I’m willing to start ugly and figure it out as I go.
Sometimes it’s baby steps and sometimes it’s massive breakthroughs. But I could never go back to following the crowd. How could I? I’ve seen where the crowd is headed. And if I REALLY love this country, my family, my God, and myself, I can never, ever go back there.